Randy Wilson Architect Inc.
Watershed Conservation Centre
The 30,000 sq. ft. office building is designed to achieve a LEED Platinum rating and to operate with over 70% energy savings. It is currently the only building with such a rating and with outstanding energy efficiency in London and the surrounding areas. The building consists of office areas, meeting rooms, locker rooms, lab areas and server/electrical rooms. Considering the variation of room types, V&R saw an opportunity to optimize energy by transferring heat from zones that require cooling to zones that require heating.
The new facility will conserve electricity and water and will pro¬mote a healthier working atmosphere. The design incorporates various energy efficient technologies that include:
• Variable refrigerant flow system with heat recovery between heating and cooling zones
• Grey Water System: collecting storm water to flush toilets and irrigate
• Ultra-low flow toilets and shower heads and automatic controls
• Dedicated outside air unit for ventilation controlled by a combination of occupancy and carbon dioxide sensors.
• Solar wall on south exposure to preheat the ventilation air
• Earth tube to pre-cool and preheat the ventilation air
• Variable frequency drives to supply only the amount of airflow required
• Sound masking system throughout open office area
• Generator connections complete with life safety and emergency connections
• Motorized blinds
• Measurement and verification on main switchgear
• Floor outlets throughout Conference Room (glass walls)
• Full security system (doors & CCTV)
7242 Colonel Talbot Road, London, ON
1130 Morrison Drive, Suite 260, Ottawa, ON