V&R designs solutions to the greatest challenges.
We're always looking for great talent to join our team.
Now hiring: AutoCAD/REVIT Designer - Electrical + AutoCAD/REVIT Designer - Mechanical
Our firm offers to Owners, Architects, and Developers; Professional Consulting Engineering services in the Mechanical & Electrical Engineering disciplines. We are currently looking for AutoCAD/REVIT Designer - Electrical (London Office) and AutoCAD/REVIT Designer - Mechanical (Ottawa office) from the Architectural Technology program or similar training and education to join our team. We are a fast paced, progressive engineering consulting firm who specialize in in commercial, post-secondary, healthcare, sustainable, and government facility, etc. building design.
Responsibilities - Electrical Designer
• Under the direction of the Engineer, design layouts of fire alarm, lighting, power, communication and electrical systems.
• Create drawings in Autocad and REVIT/BIM
• Design using OBC, OESC and IES
• Coordination with clients/owners via email, phone and meetings as required.
• Prepare Electrical permit and construction drawings and specifications
• Liaising with local utilities, municipalities and authorities having jurisdiction as required.
• Providing field reporting for ongoing construction.
• Coordinate with all other disciplines including but not limited to Mechanical (in house), Architectural, Structural, Civil, etc.
• Ensure compliance with V&R design standards.
Responsibilities - Mechanical Designer
• Prepare mechanical contract documents, drawings and specifications under the direction of a mechanical/electrical designer/engineer, for institutional, Industrial and commercial projects. Design medium complexity mechanical systems for a Variety of Building Facilities
• Conduct onsite surveys of mechanical systems and establish useful life expectancies
• Produce drawings in both REVIT and AutoCAD
• Continue Familiarization with Relevant Codes and Standards
• Coordinate mechanical design with electrical services.
• Strong experience in the design of building systems including lighting, fire alarm, power, and electrical distribution systems.
• Advanced skills in using Autocad, REVIT, Bluebeam and MS Office suite.
• Knowledge of OBC, ESA and other relevant Codes and Standards
• Knowledge of building services.
Commensurate with experience.
To apply email or mail resume and cover letter to:
Rob van der Westen
p.o. box 1149 Lambeth Station
7242 Colonel Talbot Road, London, ON
1130 Morrison Drive, Suite 260, Ottawa, ON